Ghost Chapter Assignment
After reading the entire book (of your choice), and taking notes, you will begin writing your own 'chapter' for the book. This chapter should have a similar style of writing as the book so that it flows and comes off as believable.
The 'Ghost Chapter' you are writing should be one of the three options:
+Writing about events that occurred before the book started
+Writing about events after the book has ended
+Writing a chapter from a different character's perspective
These 'chapters' should be a minimum of five pages by the time you are done. This will count as a 200 point test grade and should be treated with a proportionate amount of sincere effort. You will be graded on the following criteria:
- Believable - matching the author's style, having the characters behave and speak in a way that comes off as genuine and true to their character. Keeping similar story elements in mind while writing.
- Conventions - grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence fluency, and properly maintaining past and present tenses.
- Structure - fitting in with the book's structure, broken up into paragraphs with indention's, proper formatting, and a healthy balance between dialogue and author's voice.
- Creativity - these chapters should be inventive. They should not be some boring chapter that occurs after the story where we see our heroes eating shawarma after saving the Earth.
- Page Count - the writing must take up a minimum of five pages. Meaning that it should likely spill over onto the 6th page to ensure full credit.
*Make sure that you include all planning, rough drafts, and notes with the final product. Final drafts should include no mistakes and should be free of any marks by a pen or pencil*