Catch Up Post
Everything that hasn't been posted lately will be on here. I apologize for the lack of posts but some of our work in class has been predicated off of actually being in the classroom for critical discussions and book work that can't be found elsewhere.
- Have taken and completed the Native American Literature Test. Opportunities to retake this test, or show missing work, have officially passed as of this Friday.
- Have written a one page reflection on the Steve Jobs Article or submitted their redo by now.
- Have written their Creation Myth or turned in their redo.
- Watched the following videos:
- Create a Venn Diagram comparing and contrasting the two civil rights leaders (MLK and Malcolm X). Afterwards, write a half page reflection on who was more effective at promoting their point of view and forming and argument. Why was one more effective than the other? What strategies did that person use?
- Read the following:
- "Chapter 9 of Plymouth Plantation" by William Bradford
- "Sinners in the hands of an Angry God" by Jonathan Edwards
- "Speech in the Virginia Convention" by Patrick Henry
- "The Declaration of independence" by Thomas Jefferson
- "The American Crisis Number 1" by Thomas Paine (just read part I)
- "To His Excellency, General Washington" by Phillis Wheatley
- "The Autobiography" by Benjamin Franklin
- "Poor Richard's Almanack" by Benjamin Franklin